About your host, Raquel: "I was born and raised in New Jersey by immigrant parents from the Philippines. My fondest memories growing up were around the kitchen table, so I've always been passionate about food and culture. I tell a story through the dishes I create, each one reflecting nostalgic flavors and smells."
*EatWith is the world’s leading community for authentic food experiences with locals, in 130+ countries. Through dinner parties, supper clubs, cooking classes, and food tours in private homes and special venues, EatWith connects hand-selected local hosts with travelers seeking unique, immersive food experiences.
Get ready for a tasty blend of Filipino and American flavors at Raquel's Philadelphia table! Her exciting dinner features unique dishes that you're bound to love!
• Dine on comfort food inspired by Raquel’s Filipino heritage and American upbringing
• Welcome cocktail included, guests can also BYOB
• Located in Philadelphia’s exciting Brewerytown neighborhood, a 15 minute walk from the famous Rocky Balboa steps
• Communal rooftop dining for 6 people
• Raquel's 'Tita Emmie's' concept was written up in Philly Mag's 'Where to Eat Filipino Food in Philadelphia' in 2019
• Fish Taco - Lightly battered fried cod on a housemade tortilla with a spicy crema and topped with shredded red cabbage and green onions dressed in vinaigrette.
• Scallops over Arroz Caldo Risotto - Seared scallops over short grain rice cooked in a housemade vegetable broth with garlic, ginger and saffron.
• Seared salmon over brussels sprouts, shallots, pomegranate seeds - Seared salmon over brussels sprouts, shallots, pomegranate seeds and Japanese pumpkin cooked in coconut milk. A supper club favorite!
• Ube-coconut mochi popsicles over fresh mango -