On this experience you'll explore Taipei's most authentic night market Yansan with a knowledgeable Local Host, getting away from the crowds for a taste of the real Taipei! There’ll be hardly a tourist in sight at this no-frills spot, instead you’ll find the most authentic food in the city and crowds of locals picking up dinner on the way home or enjoying some street food on a veranda after work. There’s no showy cooking techniques or blazing flame cooked noodles, but there are delicacies here that you won’t find anywhere else in the city. With a Local Host by your side, eat your way around Taipei’s best kept secret and discover the dishes that the locals really eat.
What You'll Do
Experience a night in Taipei’s most authentic night market with a Local Host for a taste of the city! You’ll escape the tourist crowds and discover where the locals really go for dinner! Explore this no-frills market with your Local Host, and discover speciality dishes that you’ll only find at Yansan - the cooking might not be fancy but they have their own unique way of doing things here!
Eat your way around the market! Your Local Host will take you to the very best vendors and explain the dishes and any ingredients you may be unfamiliar with, helping you to get a taste of local life.
Soak up the unique atmosphere and enjoy the company of locals heading home from work, share samples of street food likes stinky tofu and mochi ice with your local and get tips and tricks for other places in the city where you can escape the tourist crowds!
What To Expect
* Visit Ningxia Night Market with a Local Host and discover some of the city’s best street food
* Taste the speciality dishes that this market in particular is know for, as well as sampling the staple street foods that are enjoyed in markets across the city
* Take in the explosion of sights, aromas and flavours as you explore the market with your Local Host
* Discover new flavours and unusual ingredients - your Local Host will recommend delicacies you may not have tried before
* Get tips and tricks for other night markets in the city to visit