Experience Denali in a unique way: dig in for an adrenaline filled ride down the Class III-IV Nenana River Gorge. Paddlers work as a team under the direction of their guide. They attack a dozen major rapids, each with a story behind its name, for example, “Cable Car,” “Ice Worm,” and “Trainwork.” Become a part of Denali and challenge the river itself. Minimum age: 14
MEETING PLACE AND TIME
If you are driving to Denali, please meet us at our office at Denali about 10 minutes prior to your trip time. We are super easy to find – we are on the northeast side of the bridge at Milepost 238, Parks Highway. Plenty of parking. If you are arriving by train or motorcoach, we will contact you to arrange a meeting place and time.
The guide is located in the stern of the raft and calls out paddle commands like "forward," "back-paddle," left-turn," "right-turn," etc.in order to maneuver the raft. Passengers participate in a co-ordinated team effort as they travel downstream. It's a real adventure! 11 miles of Class III/IV whitewater down the Nenana Gorge. 3-4 hours start to finish. We provide all the special gear needed including a drysuit (PFD, drysuit, river shoes). We go rain or shine.
• Class III and IV whitewater
• All passengers paddle together under the direction of a professional guide.
• Minimum Age 14. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
• Tour Time Options: 8 am, 2 pm, and 6 pm check-in times
• Tour lasts about 3-4 hours start to finish
• Dress Smart - For rafting, you should dress for the weather. Remember to wear long pants, long sleeves, at least 2 layers on the top, and socks. Bring an extra pair of socks with you when you check in. When you take off your shoes to get dressed into your drysuit, you can put the extra pair of socks into your shoes, which will meet you at the end of the trip. Remember, also, that everything you wear will go inside the drysuit, so it’s best not to wear a top layer that has a hood because hoods can be uncomfortable inside the drysuit. If it’s chilly, you may want to bring a hat. We launch our trips rain or shine; in fact, there’s nothing better to do at the Park when it’s raining than go rafting.
Nenana Raft Adventures is located at beautiful Denali National Park, Alaska. Flowing north through the heart of the Alaska Range, the Nenana River is the most popular whitewater river in Alaska. Enjoy this ADVENTUROUS raft trip suitable for even families with older children (+10 years old). Mankind has yet to come up with a more comfortable or less strenuous method of low impact wilderness travel.