Mole is a beloved dark sauce that originates from Mexico and can include up to 20+ ingredients, (chiles, nuts, spices, chocolate and more). Both the Oaxaca and Puebla regions of Mexico claim to be the origin of this mouthwatering delicacy, but I´m going to tell you the story about this traditional family recipe, and the changes that you can find in the different moles around Mexico.
• Learn the secret tips, techniques, and ingredients when crafting one of Mexico's most coveted sauces, Mole
• Guests will be welcomed with a refreshing hibiscus agua fresca and can BYOB
• Michelin-trained chef Carla will walk you step by step through the making mole process
• Guests will enjoy the mole sauce together afterward with a dinner
• This experience is bookable as a private event only
Local host Carla is a Michelin trained chef, having worked in restaurants like Carles Abellan in Spain. Carla’s husband is a professional Flamenco dancer who has founded the group “12 Tiempos. Flamenco Company.” Now in Chicago, the couple welcomes guests from around the world in their home for a unique, and memorable experience full of rich flavors.
You will get the chance to experience a unique and authentic cooking class with a local host, hand selected by Eatwith, the world’s largest community for authentic culinary experiences. Eatwith experiences are top rated on TripAdvisor and are loved by thousands of travelers from around the world!
• Mole served with chicken beans and green rice
• Delicius and fresh hibiscus infusion with cinnamon and ginger