Explore the 20,000 square metre water park at the entrance to Ötztal – you don't swim and splash around here, no – here you blob, climb, slide at top speed and jump. This is not a swimming area for non-swimmers and infants, but the most variety-packed water park for miles around, for everyone who is looking for some thrills. The Water Area includes a Blob, a 27m high Water Ramp for Surfslides and Freeskiers, a 27m high Cliff Diving Tower as well as several slides like a High Speed Slide and a Slip’N’Slide.
And the best thing: All the activities and any special equipment required are included in the entry fee.
Visit: AREA 47, Oetztaler Achstrasse 1, Otztal-Bahnhof 6430 Austria
- 5 different slides like freefall slide, kamikaze slide, 270 degree slide, wave and kids slide
- Cliff diving up to 10 metres - pro's are diving from up to 27 metres
- Canonball: While you take your seat in the canon ball and await the powerful dash of water behind you, your heart rate races to undreamt-of heights – then the jet of water comes with such force that it takes your breath away!
- Surfslide: takes you down to the lake at speeds of 45 km/hr – where you then surf a further 35 metres on the water, until you come to the end of the lake
- Slip'n'Slide: from 17 metres up you speed down towards the water
- freestyle ski ramp: training location for Freestyle skier
- little Bro Wakeboarding: The Little Bro Wakeboard facilities are just the ticket if you will be wakeboarding for the first time. You're the only rider on the cable and your speed is regulated – to a maximum of 30 kilometres an hour.
- Deep water soloing: the bouldering wall, complete with overhang, located directly at the banks of the lake, rises steeply up into the sky
- beach playground for soccer and volleyball